Helpful Guides & Resources
This list of guides and resources will help you and your business to consider hiring immigrants:
- The Global Talent Project was initiated by the London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC), with funding from Employment Ontario. The Global Talent Guide for Employers presents a business case for diversity, strategies to manage challenges, a study of the international workforce, advice on creating an inclusive culture, and a number of successful case studies.
- The Employer’s Roadmap by Hire Immigrants.ca is a guide for employers in small to medium-sized enterprises interested in hiring internationally trained workers for their organizations.
- The Thames Valley District School Board can partner with your company in offering customized business language training at the worksite.
- Each regulatory body in Ontario decides how to assess academic credentials. Employers may wish to utilize the services of an Academic Credential Assessment Service or contact the Access Centre for Regulated Employment.
- Internationally Educated Nurses: An Employer’s Guide has been designed to help hospitals and health care facilities looking to hire internationally educated nurses. Online resources and information are provided by the Nursing Health Services Research Unit (NHSRU), McMaster University, and the Ontario Hospital Association.