How to Find Talent
There are several best practices for attracting, hiring and retaining skilled immigrant workers in London-Middlesex:
- The Immploy is an employer-led initiative that helps local employers connect with the tools and resources they need to hire immigrants and grow our regional economy.
- The Immpoly Job Match Network provides an integrated job matching service for internationally trained immigrants (ITIs) and employers in the Greater London Area.
- Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program helps employers meet their human resource needs for workers, by enabling them to recruit foreign workers and international students.
o Take the Online Tour for Employers
o Employer's Application Guide
- WIL Employment Connections connects employers with training incentives and facilitates volunteer work placements.
- The Access Centre for Regulated Employment helps employers understand international equivalencies to make informed hiring decisions, and helps employers connect with potential employees to fill current and anticipated positions in Ontario’s regulated professions.
- Many local employers also participate in the Immploy’s Mentorship for Immigrant Employment programs to build intercultural awareness in their organization, gain an international perspective on their business, and spot talent for potential recruitment.